Friday, May 17, 2013

Zucchini Sticks

Zucchini sticks!  Yum!!  Takes me back to when I was a kid and we used to go to the beach and for dinner out to a restaurant with these as appetizers!!!  If I ever get the courage to bake them and see how they do, I'll come back and update this post!!!  For now, they are fried.   Here goes!!




Ingredients:

2 medium zuchini's. sliced into sticks
1c Flour
4 eggs
1c Italian Bread Crumbs
1c Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2c grated Parmesean Cheese
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 pinches of salt

Directions:

 
Mix the last 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl or plate.


Flour in a plate or shallow bowl.  Eggs, beaten in a bowl.


Roll the zucchini stick in flour.  Shake off excess.


Cover completely in egg.


Roll in bread crumb mixture.



Fry in oil.  You can use pretty much any oil you want.  I used Canola oil because I ran out of EVOO.


Here they are pictured with Pizza Potatoes.  Those are for another post!!  :D  Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Im not a zucchini fan but these actually look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good. I've never tried Zucchini though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you had me at Zucchini! We do the same, but never in sticks. This is on my list to try next year when we get our fresh zucchini's in the garden. They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete