Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Teacher Supply Cake

My oldest is in year round school (munchkin will be joining him in July).  Because he was tracked out last week, it is teacher appreciation week this week.  Today was supply day.  So, I scoured Pinterest and the net looking for ideas.  Saw some pics of supply cakes and decided to give it a whirl.  Quite easy tho frustrating all at once at some points.)  I went to the dollar store and bought my supplies: Crayons, markers, dry erase markers, highlighters, erasers, tissue paper, double-sided tape, and containers (3 different sizes).  I used the tape to help hold the items in place while I attached the ribbons I already had here at home.  Then I stacked them and made a bunch of Tissue Paper Flowers to decorate and hide any problem areas.  It was a hit!!!  Soo glad!!!  Will definitely be doing this again!!!






Did you do anything special for your favorite teachers???

1 comment: