Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasty Baked Meatballs

I found these meatballs a couple of years ago after finding out the box I used by McCormick was no longer being carried.  I LOVE the taste of these little meatballs!!  They can be used plain as an appetizer for a party, or in your favorite tomato sauce for an amazing Italian dinner!



Ingredients

2lbs ground beef
1 1/2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
1 can (10.5oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup
3 eggs
1/4 cup grated parm cheese
1 (1oz) package dry onion soup mix




Preheat oven to 350°.  Line 2 baking sheets with foil and lightly spray with Pam.  Mix all ingredients except for the meat very well in a bowl to make a paste.


Pour mixture over the ground beef and mix VERY VERY well.  I prefer not to use my hands but will if I have to.  


Should look like this when done!


Begin forming balls about the size of golf balls.  Although really, you can make them smaller if you like smaller ones.  Place on the prepared baking sheets.

Once done place baking sheets on racks in oven.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Switch top rack to bottom and vice versa, and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.


Please excuse the massive flash problem that occurs whenever I use foil!  LOL  Once done baking, place into your favorite sauce for however long you would like.  I usually do so for about 2-3 hours, so that the meatballs and sauce can infuse each other.  If that makes ANY sense!!  lol   Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those look soooo good! I'm going to miss meatballs on this new vegetarian diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meatballs! Im always adding to my collection of meatball recipes and this is DEFINITELY getting added.

    ReplyDelete