Friday, November 23, 2012

Bubble Cinnamon Buns

So, my family has a MAJOR love of cinnamon buns! Today i was looking for something cool to make but wouldn't take me the 3+ hours to make my buns from scratch. So i came up with this idea. It came from an old recipe I found a long time ago for bubble pizza. I hope you enjoy it as much as We are INHALING it at the moment!!






Ingredients

2 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon

3 TBS cream cheese, softened
1/4 c butter, softened
3/4 c confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

I used flaky layers grands biscuits but you can use any kind you like really.  Cut each biscuit into 4's. toss into a large bowl.

Mix Brown sugar and Cinnamon in a smaller bowl while melting the butter in the microwave.

Combine butter with cinnamon sugar mix.

Pour over the biscuits and toss to coat all pieces

Pour into baking dish.  I made the mistake of using a 9x9 and it was too little.  i recommend a 9x13 dish. Bake in oven for 20 -25min or Until you see the center is cooked through and not still mushy dough.

Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. I did not use my electric mixer as baby girl and daddy are sleeping.  Would give a smoother texture as mine has little bits of cream cheese in it.

My middle is still a bit doughy because I used too small of a dish.  The sides came up above the dish and all.

Once out of the oven, you can choose to put the icing on all of it in the pan, or drizzle on each serving.  Some of our family does not like icing.  *gasp*  The horror!!!  That's ok, more for the rest of us!!! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like monkey bread. Is it monkey bread? Not to repeat myself again, but man do I love Monkey Bread!!!

    Now I am going to have to make this.

    ReplyDelete